A quick interim post to show progress on porting this app to Windows 8. Still much to do but have made good progress in a couple of days. Plan on adding filters for Live Tile types which will re-arrange the screen accordingly. UI is very responsive so am pleased thus far.
I have added filters using the App menu bar which makes things a bit more manageable.
I have also added a ‘shrink’ option that takes tiles down to just a basic text description. I am looking to have this follow the functionality of the ‘semantic zoom’ control but my first attempt to do this resulted in a spectacular fail!
NB This App forms the basis for my continued support of “App Aid” and will be followed by a WinRT / Metro version of “Live Tile News”.
Stay tuned for an update on this post when I highlight how applying some of the common Windows 8 metro design guidelines has an impact on the next iteration of this app!