Having a go at the final (I believe) chapter of Mike Ormond’s book:
Outline for the chapter is presently as follows:
- The theory behind marketing.
- Making your App work for you.
- Quotes from experts and successful developers.
- Readiness Checklist.
Spreading the Word
- From the safety of your bedroom:
- Using a Blog
- Using Twitter
- Using YouTube
- Getting your App reviewed
- In App Advertising
- Marketing on the web
- Gorilla Marketing
- Going out into the world:
- People skills
- User groups
- Conferences (Mix, PDC etc.)
- Government Initiatives
- Microsoft Initiatives (BizTalk, MSDN etc.)
Tracking your progress
- Marketplace Reports
- Analytics (Peoplesoft etc)
- Third Party Sites (EG zTop and Phone Apps)
Please leave a comment or get in touch if you have any interesting or useful stories around Marketing your own Apps (they don’t necessarily have to be WP7 based) .
My plan is to make each of the above sections a blog entry – hopefully I will get some feedback this way and improve on things before submitting for approval into the book.